My old website used to be just a landing page with a separate blog hosted on Github pages using Jekyll.
Since they were separate websites they were getting a bit hard to maintain and it generally wasn't that fun to write a new blog post since I had to make sure Jekyll was working, figure out the commands and syntax for a new post, etc.
I got bored last night and decided to create a new site and port over my few blog entries.
It's a super simple script (albeit messy) that converts markdown to HTML with pandoc and recursively builds up a template for a page based on some goofy variables I made up.
There's no CSS or JS on the new site (except for a code highlighter that I can include on specific pages).
I wanted to go with minimal styling so that I never have to focus on that but instead can focus on the content.